Thursday, May 31, 2007

BFW research page


Wednesday, May 30

I've got this idea of compiling all of my research for the novel right here. So first I'll start with Fuseli, since he is the one of the three I'd expect to have the least information about. I'll start where I usually start, and that's with Wikipedia, searching Henry Fuseli. One thing I'm learning is that he went to school with (Johann Kaspar) Lavater, and that it was because of Lavater that he was forced to leave Switzerland: the two of them "helped to expose an unjust magistrate" whose family sought revenge. This was actually after he took religious orders. He first went to Germany.

Now, I want to incorporate the use of Diigo along with Google Documents so that I don't end up just copying quotes and making comments, as I would have in more traditional research techniques. I'd like to link from this page to whatever else I find on the web, and then make my highlights and comments on that page using diigo. That way when I return to those linked pages, diigo will have saved my comments, bookmarks, and highlights, and they will be very easy to recover.

Wikipedia informed me of a book by John Knowles entitled the Life of Henry Fuseli, and here it is in Google Books! I'm going to make a link to a separate google doc so I can keep separate notes on this book by John Knowles.






No comments:

Apture

Contributors