I woke up in the middle of the night realizing that Byron wouldn't have undone the rope to push off from a "dock," leaving Polidori to fume at being left behind, because they had no engine on their craft. I knew that, of course, but what I wasn't thinking about was that the boat would have been held fast at a mooring, at a distance to the dock. Oh, crap. Okay, so would they have used a row boat to get out to their bark? I'm going with that unless I figure out something else.
Abebooks emailed me today to report that the book Shelley's boat has been shipped, no pun intended, so I'll soon have more information.
Meanwhile, I found a wonderful blog in its own right called
Knockabout Sloops, and the author is quite set on engineless sailing, so there's a lot to learn. Plus, someone to email if I get stuck!
No comments:
Post a Comment