
LA Times magazine this morning is dedicated to music, including some photos that I love. This b&w of John and Paul takes me back to a place of nostalgia that isn't safe to stay in. I've Aptured a YouTube studio recording of Norwegian Wood (one of the internet's finest gifts to me) off of the Rubber Soul album, and a Sargent Peppery Strawberry Fields video. The photo of Janis Joplin I've never seen before, and I thought I had seen them all. She's not giving us that raucous smile of hers, but I suspect there were plenty of days she had little to smile about. The Aptured link is Janis singing a heartbreaking rendition of Summertime, my one of my all-time favorite recordings, second only to Johnny Cash's Hurt.
I couldn't find the pic of Jack White (one of my current faves) from the photo-article, so here is another nice one. The first Apture link contains two song-videos: first is the 007 song he brings us with Alicia Keys. It's not to be missed. Followed by the White Stripes singing 7 Nation Army. The second link is his accompaniment to a Loretta Lynn song, a modern classic.

No comments:
Post a Comment